Sunday, August 23, 2026

Who Is This Is? by Neal Adams

Help!  Nine years ago I put the first image up, ask'n if anybody had a clue, and four years ago, upon hearing of Neal's passing, I put up the second image as the lead picture in a big post of many of my favorite Neal Adams art.  Not a peep either time.  When I first started wondering about this guy, his hair was a crewcut and his outfit was inorganic (and my beard was black)
The next day, and--woohoo!  McScotty has not only solved my nine-year mystery, but led us to a biggerbetterfasterstronger version of this great art (which is what I really craved all along).  Also, he has a great blog







 

5 comments:

  1. I'm not 100% where the image came from but I did find a fully painted version of this image on the CBCS blog ( link below, you'll need to scroll down) . That image has what looks like Adams signature along with that of Janet Jackson (not the singer). The character seems to be from the Defiant comic "Plasm" . If not Adams the artist could be Alan Weiss?

    https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/9323/page/1/what-about-proof-sheet-color-guides/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. This is exactly the kinda stuff that gets me high! Thankya, thankyavery much! Plasm makes sense, too

      Delete
    2. Glad I could be of some help, and thank you for the wee plug of my blog.

      Delete
    3. Easy to plug! I just slap up all the pictures I like, but you actually think about it and produce full, rich posts (and I apologize ahead, but I will be swip'n an image or two from you)

      Delete
    4. No problems at all re using any images

      Delete