Monday, August 3, 2026

The Green Turtle by Jim Steranko

Yeah, Steranko has rendered a lotta great golden age heroes, but nothing compares to this guy.  His cape alone is worth the price of admission.  "Ten dollars gets you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!"  Ah, Monster Truck rallies



 

2 comments:

  1. Something inherently silly about that Turtle guy, who apparently had a Chinese sidekick named Wun-Too. Steranko makes him look pretty good, though, and it occurs to me that there may be enough loose JS pin-ups of public domain superheroes out there for someone to assemble a version of that lost Supergraphics encyclopedia that we used to dream about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have it! I keep it on my library shelf of Steranko stuff, between my Talon graphic novel and the complete collection of Super Agent X. (Oh, wow, I just said Wun-Too, buckle my shoe out loud. Reminds me of my role-playing days back in the seventies. Coach Crowder let a big group of us nerds take over a room inside the Buff stadium, and we'd have multiple games of D&D and such going. I was big into Bushido, and my character was a giant who wielded a 7 foot broadsword. My character name was Wun Hung Lo)

      Delete