Friday, December 9, 2022

How Like Unto The Things On Earth We Met On Mongo by John Adkins Richardson



 This beautiful Flash Gordon splash was in the middle of the fanzine Rocket's Blast Comic Collector #66 (yes, the RBCC with the incredible Bob Kline cover), and I had no idea until just now!  Back near the beginning of this century, I acquired a beat copy of the cover only from Sam de la Rosa, who I found on eBay selling some Kline that I wanted.  Sam was a big part of the fanzine era in the 70s which I so dig, and he sent me a lot of miscellaneous grooviness, also sending the fanzine Collage that had Bob's RBCC cover as a centerfold.  I never even thought there would be sump'n besides that cover I would covet in RBCC #66, but now.... if you know of a better image of this Flash Gordon, please holla, and if you haven't seen Richardson before, please search him on here

4 comments:

  1. I think I have the first couple of issues of Collage. As I recall, the idea was to put it out bi-weekly, making it "Fandom's Fastest Fanzine". It leaned on the idea of breaking news, but I guess it's usefulness ended when TBG went weekly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky duck! If you ever get vanity plates, I recommend I4U2NV, cause I certainly envy some of your collectibles you've mentioned over the years. Collage #1 has onea my fav Wally Wood drawings for the cover

      Delete
  2. A few years ago I bought a print on eBay of the artwork by John Adkins Richardson. Could never find out any more about it. Now at least I have an idea where it came from. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Now I really want that RBCC #66 to show up on eBay again

      Delete