Thursday, February 6, 2020

The Gridley Wave by Frank Frazetta





Is it just me, or ain't it cool to see Fritz paintings in non-color?  Okay, maybe just me, but there's a ton more out there if anyone likes.  Jason Gridley was a Burroughs' character who loved ham radio (bazillion of us out there, by the by), and he found a frequency that allowed Earth to communicate with Mars (how conveeeenient, as church-lady might say), so it's only natch that Burroughs fans would establish, in 1959, a newsletter called The Gridley Wave.  If you want more, just holla

4 comments:

  1. I must finally read these books, have the paperbacks. and FYI KK4UIT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them, but never read them, so let me know. Sounds like Fritz dinnae read them either, as quadrupeds were mistakenly interpreted as centaurs. BTW, please translate KK4UIT

      Delete
  2. Oh it was my ham radio call sign. I believe that is how ERB had his character talk to the Moon people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha, good buddy! Catch ya on the flip-flop. Candy Cane out

      Delete