Thursday, August 25, 2022

The Sweet Rides Of George Lucas




...and Jack Kirby and Al Williamson!  I must confess to watching American Graffiti nine times, three of them in the theater in 1973.  I love everything about it, every actor that we see on screen, every song that we hear in the background, every car on the "main drag" (we were already cruis'n Nevada Avenue in the Springs when the flick came out, but then the cruis'n became a lifestyle).  As others have said before, the real star of AG was that yellow '32 Ford deuce coupe, and Kirby was once again ahead of his time with Johnny Storm's hotrod.  Four years later, I saw Star Wars three times in the theater, and I've lost count on how many times total.  The Millennium Falcon, I propose, is the real star of Star Wars.  Everybody loves it.  Sheldon wanted his wedding cake to look like it when he and Amy married on Big Bang Theory.  Cool aside, the first George Lucas film was THX 1138, a dark sci-fi movie from 1971 starring Robert Duvall.  Check out the plate on John Milner's "piss yellow" deuce coupe

2 comments:

  1. Well now, that's a new idea, Lucas was a producer on Tucker; does that vehicle count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm an idea man Chuck, I get ideas, sometimes I get so many ideas that I can't even fight them off!"--from Michael Keaton as Bill Blaze in Night Shift, the first time I saw Keaton. Tucker has a beaut of a vehicle, and I know Bob Kane must've drawn similar cars, but I'm gonna Pasadena due to time constraints. Thanks for "get'n on board," though

      Delete