Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Art Cooper Came By!





Great googly moogly!  Art Cooper graced da blog with his presence recently, and I been all freaked out!  You may recall four years ago, I posted Spider And The Fly and said sump'n like Art by Art , cause I know what I like, but I dinnae know his last name.  Two years ago, I was surf'n the net, just run'n my game (okay, key'n in "fanzine 1972" on a eBay search), when I saw Spectrum Publications and Canadian mini-comics, and some of the images had that signature that had haunted me since 1972, when I saw all those mini-comics at Scottie Scott's (first name: Scott last name: Scott), and Scottie Scott would not part with Kirbyesque, a mini full of great pictures with "the sig."  

As I've said before, you can't search Art Cooper without see'n a buncha Alice Cooper paintings, and you can't search Kirbyesque without seeing everyone and their brother try'n to draw like Kirby.  Part of the blessing Art bestowed by visiting, however, is the fact that Kirbyesque's real title is With Pen And Brush #4 (so the quest goes on).  Also, Art is obviously a very smart and a very nice man (so, with the art, he's like the original "triple threat").  And, finally, it's just so far-out (methinks) that the artist found the fan!  Thanks, Art!

P.S. I'm not on it, but if you are on Facebook, you can find more Art Cooper, and I'm sure it'll be worth the find 

4 comments:

  1. I totally missed his comment, but that is so cool, Cap. Sometimes I wonder if the fanzine era really happened, and here we have a direct line to Never-Neverland itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, true dat. Still amazed Art stopped in! Now, I'm wrack'n my brain trying to figure out (besides his Conan in Fantastic Fanzine #13) what other of the fanzines we know and love he might've submitted to

      Delete
  2. Well, I found some info, but I'm not familiar with much of this stuff: https://poopsheetfoundation.com/index.php/browse-by/writers-artists?value=Art%20Cooper and https://www.comicbookdaily.com/columns/forgotten-silver/a-spectrum-publications-checklist/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thanks, Russ! That article in CBD was a recent find for me, too, and pretty amazeballs. I dunnae why, but I feel like I saw him elsewhere....oh, well, I"m sure it'll pop up someday, and that'll be a new thrill

      Delete