Thursday, November 11, 2021

Veteran's Day by Wally Wood


 When I looked up Veteran's Day, turns out it's today probably because the Armistice for World War I was signed in the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month.  Both Wally and Jack Kirby were vets, and I post a lotta Kirby on Memorial Day, but also Jack had some amaz'n unpublished covers, and this unused cover always makes me scratch my head about Harvey editors.  Sounds like Harvey also blew it with Steranko (still pining for Super Agent X)

2 comments:

  1. I guess they wanted to spotlight the Sgt. Rock clone, who only takes up a few pages in an otherwise all-Wood comic. Great stuff and an exciting couple of months for Harvey Comics during their superhero mini-boom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but still...at least Len at Tower knew to showcase Wood. Best and most obscure Harvey comic ever, methinks

      Delete