Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Berni Wrightson Goes to the Movies


I just got asked where this second image is from, and I vaguely recalled as seeing it in the great coffee table book A Look Back, which I no longer have.  I also said I thought it was a movie production painting for a film that never got made, and I think the first image is also that.  Anyone know?  More importantly to me, anyone know of any others?  I'm hoping it's a "Shades of Argo" scenario, with lots of unused production pieces

7 comments:

  1. I still have the 'A Look Back' book, & apparently the movie had a working title of 'Traveller', & was designed to cash in on the fever for all things sci-fi/fantasy in the wake of STAR WARS success. The pic showing the guy with the bow & arrow & the werewolf is the only painting in the book. There are a few pencil drawings though. The top image in your post isn't in the book, but based on one of the pencil drawings, I'd say it's a fair bet that it is infact from the same project.
    Let me know if you'd like me to scan the pencil drawings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If it's not a big deal, I would love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks anyway, but I was just gonna add some scans of the sketches, which I already have up thanks to you! (Key word was Traveler, and I really do appreciate it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem. If you change your mind, you know how to contact me.

    Cheers, Staz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Staz, and I dig your newsblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers... I really should update it one of these years.. :-)

    ReplyDelete