Sunday, October 9, 2022

"Solid" Jack Kirby













 Besides being a term we threw around like "cool" or "righteous" back in the day, "solid" really applies to this post.  I always dug when Jack would use a recurring theme of having characters that could pass through solid material.  My request is this:  where else did he use it?  My faulty memory has struck again, and all I'm left with is a nagging conception that there is definitely more.  And, acourse, my coveted non-prizes are await'n you to just claim them

4 comments:

  1. I remember the Sleeper from Captain America 102. Wasn't there a Thor cover where Blake was pulled through the earth's crust by trolls? I'm sure there's more out there; it always looked cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ones! Two non-prizes are wing'n your way! Yeah, it did always look solid! I suspect there's a ton more, but we'll know soon

      Delete
  2. And let us not forget Magneto in X-Men 6, The Stranger in X-Men 11, a ghost in I Don't Believe in Ghosts from Journey Into Mystery 77, and Red Ghost in Fantastic Four 13 and 29.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! Fistful of non-prizes to you! Somehow makes me think of the fifth Beatle, BP, sing'n nothing from nothing

      Delete