Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Master Print of SHIELD #4 by Jim Steranko



Here's a nifty little item Marvel did back in the day--master prints of some of their greatest covers.  This is the only one I got, but it's a beaut.  Still don't know why these three images have three diff faces, but I'm hop'n Steranko experts (Tony?) can help me out with that.  Personally, I still prefer the face on the published cover, even though you might ask , "why the long face?"  Also wonder'n if Steranko drew all three faces, and if there's even more out there

2 comments:

  1. Marvel tended to use interns with little art training to re-ink incomplete artwork used in reprints in the 1980s/90s/early 2000s if they lost the original films or photostats, usually because they were sent overseas for foreign reprints and were never returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes a lotta sense, and explains why I'm so enamored with the published cover VS the other two

    ReplyDelete