Sunday, August 10, 2014

Hands in the Dark by Jim Steranko



Yes, all the Steranko covers have been up for years, most notably on The Golden Age and Drawings of Steranko blogs, but maybe not this embiggened, or showing the back cover (which sported the Steranko painting from the first PB), or showing the Unseen Shadow prelim.  This particular title always makes me think of The Steve Miller Band's Abra-cadabra--"Abra, abra-cadabra, I wanna reach out 'n grab ya"  They don't write 'em like that anymore

4 comments:

  1. #4 should have had the cover of #6 and vice versa. In a much smaller second printing the error was corrected, with the covers of #4 and #6 printed with the correct covers. The image you have posted is the original printing with the incorrect cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know, and great to hear from you, Tony! I'll do an updated post someday soon with all four

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised you have yet to mention getting the Steranko Artist's Edition...you really need to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Sadly, I have way overspent on all my other pursuits (rare old paperbacks and comics and fanzines), and it's look'n like I need to ask Santa for it

    ReplyDelete