Excellent covers. I also wasn't a massive fan of early Man-Thing comics but I soon caught up with the comic when the stories were reprinted in the UK .
Well, good for you, but I think one mental block I never recovered from was the compete'n with Swamp Thing. I've always dug Wrightson (thanks again for showing me that page of Berni's ib Challengers #74), and it almost felt like a betrayal of his ST to look at MT
Excellent covers. I also wasn't a massive fan of early Man-Thing comics but I soon caught up with the comic when the stories were reprinted in the UK .
ReplyDeleteWell, good for you, but I think one mental block I never recovered from was the compete'n with Swamp Thing. I've always dug Wrightson (thanks again for showing me that page of Berni's ib Challengers #74), and it almost felt like a betrayal of his ST to look at MT
DeleteOh I agree, Swamp Thing was always miles better than ole Manny in story, concept and art. Glad u liked the Wrightson one pager.
ReplyDeleteLiked (dunno how to do a thumbs up as a comment
Delete