Saturday, June 20, 2020

Conan The Action Figure by Barry Smith



"It's not a doll, it's an action figure!" 
Never got into toys or the non-comic side of comics.  Even as a little kid, the only time I dug somebody's comic-based lunchbox was if the artwork was cool (Tony had Wally Wood's Fireball lunchbox in fourth grade, and I was che jelly).  Have really dug some trad'n cards over the years, but again just dig'n the art.  So I suspect this toy is from almost fifty years ago, no mention of Barry Smith in the ebay listing, and I have no idea how I even spotted it.  And how did Conan's sword and spear get bloody?  Hope there's not a Chucky thing goin on

2 comments:

  1. Nah, Marvel never had cool tie-ins like that in the 1970s. That toy is from 2019. The company that made it was founded in 2001. It's not so much a toy for playing with as a nerdy collectible created only to be collected and put on a shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that makes more sense now. I guess I was taking off on the use of Conan #1's cover, but it does look way modern

      Delete