Monday, August 17, 2015

Midnight Tales by Wayne Howard

In my world of geek'n out over all this great art (search here for Frazetta, Kirby, Steranko, Wrightson, Barry Smith, Ditko), Wayne Howard is one of my biggest guilty pleasures.  He loves to draw like Wally Wood, but he's no Wally Wood.  His females usually look like Wally's women after a really bad day, and his males are just plain fugly.  His Wood machinery is close to the background machinery behind the awesome machinery, and everything shouts fan art VS pro art, but...Luvittopieces

2 comments:

  1. I also bought all those Midnight Tales because of Howard's similarity to Wood. He never really got it right, though, as I would expect when appropriating someone else's style. I remember he did a little work for Marvel inking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and also some knock-down awesome stuff for Web of Horror

    ReplyDelete