Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Green Lantern #168 Cover by Gil Kane



 

Never really got into GL, which puzzles me.  As a tyke, I ran around with my own Green Lantern ring that I made outta three pieces of a building toy from Germany, a green square with two little connectors on the sides of my finger.  Best super-hero costume ever.  I guess I blame my Marvel Maniac status for most of my later youth



2 comments:

  1. I thought I liked GL as a teenager but that was based solely on Neal Adams stint on the character which I started to pick up in the mid/ late 1970s. Since then I haven't been that interested in him as he was rarely given the right creative team .However, Kane did a few very nice covers and back up tales etc after his 60s run on the character which ensured me the character had potential .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, true all that! I had a California minute with Neal Adams' GL/GA in 78 that was onea my fav comicbook moments. If you search Lantern on here, he's definitely had sump'nsump'n for me over the years

      Delete